WHY JOIN MARCHING BAND?
- Meet new people and make friends you’ll have throughout high school, all before your first day of school!
- More than 80% earn NA Scholar awards during Marching Band season, showing a strong academic record
- Leadership training and leadership opportunities later in your high school years
WHAT IS THE STUDENT TIME COMMITMENT?
- Band Camp: July 31 – August 4 and August 7 – 11 (8am – 4pm)
- After School Rehearsals: Tuesdays & Thursdays from 3–5pm in Late August, September, and October with possible rehearsals for playoff games in November
- Football games: All Friday nights in September and October with possible playoff games in November
- Parades: Kennywood (tentatively 8/12), Labor Day Parade (9/4), Bloomfield Halloween Parade (tentatively 10/26), Veterans Day Parade (tentatively 11/10)
- Band Festivals: 2-3 Saturday festivals (9/16 & 10/7)
WHAT IS THE PARENT TIME COMMITMENT?
- Transportation: Parents are responsible for providing transportation to/from Band Camp at NASH
- Parents are responsible for picking their student up from NASH at 5pm after rehearsals (students at NAI take the after school activity shuttle to NASH for Tuesday/Thursday rehearsals)
- Volunteering: As an important part of marching band, parents are asked to volunteer at least twice during the season. Examples of volunteer opportunities include distribute/check-in band uniforms, sell at concession stand, photograph the band's performance, help on photo day, donate snacks, logistical/trailer/storage repairs, and chaperoning trips
WHAT IS THE COST?
- There is a $350 Marching Band fee payable to the NADBP in 2 installments: $100 due May 15 and $250 due by July 15
- The NA School District Activity fee for Marching Band is $50 per student
- Musicians must purchase MTX marching band shoes (approx. cost $48)
- Students are provided NA Band Apparel, some one-time, some annually!
- Fundraising options are available to help families cover the cost of the fee
- Financial assistance is available for families experiencing financial hardships
- Don’t play an instrument? No problem, we have opportunities as Managers, Color Guard, Dance Team, and Majorettes as well! We also have had many orchestra and choral students learn secondary instruments for marching band!
HOW DO I REGISTER?
- Registration takes only a few minutes! CLICK HERE to access the registration page*. You will need to create a log-in and password and then complete the family and student information pages. After registering you will be able to pay the first installment of your Marching Band fee online through our secure online payment provider
- **Please note, if you have a Membership Toolkit log-in/password from your elementary school you should use those credentials when registering with the band website.
QUESTIONS? – Email firstname.lastname@example.org